2.12.2007

I take over Oshawa, and Dallas finds offense

Well, I wish I had been in the majority of the U.S. that got to watch a 7-5 close game between the Avalanche and the Stars. Instead, I was stuck in one of the very few places watching the Devils and the Lightning, which I could have watched any old day on FSNY.
For those who did see it, the Stars scored a season high 7 goals after everyone criticized them as a defense-first team. A lot of young players were a factor, as Krys Barch, Jussi Jokinen, Mathias Tjarnqvist, Joel Lundqvist, and Loui Eriksson each got at least 1 point for the Stars, and Wojtek Wolski, John-Michael Liles, adn Paul Stastny had at least 1 point for the Avs. It was a very exciting game, and I wouldv'e had more to write if I had watched the game.
EastSide Hockey Manager.
I now have GM's in every league in the CHL, so now things will get more interesting.
Oshawa- For a long time, I have wanted to manage John Tavares' team, so now I finally remembered to make a GM for the OHL. Immediately I was frustrated my a strange rule that does not allow me to sign anymore overage players, no matter how many of them I release. This is unfortunate because with Oshawa, I was about to sign a 5th center that would have helped a lot in Nick Foligno when all of the sudden, "You may not sign any more overage players." No matter, Oshawa is still strong and I will find a way to get around that rule.
Rimouski- Having been desperate for another spark after knowing that Michael Frolik has only one year left with me, and Kris Letang is doing excellent in Penguins training camp, I made desperate inquiries that never would have worked. I asked about Jakub Voracek, Marc-Andre Cote, and some other clear franchise and/or future franchise players. No good. I do have a bright spot as Patrice Cormier is ready and doing well in camp.
Prince Albert- This team ran into the same problem of overage players when I tried to sign Nick Armand, an overage goalie with 44 wins and 6 losses in his one season with the QJHL1. Still have to figure out a bypass on that rule.
Pittsburgh- Training camp is in full swing, all though I don't have Jordan Staal participating. Kris Letang looks great, but so do all my other defensemen, so it's likely that he will go back to Rimouski (small cheers can be heard from the Oceanic). Erik Christensen will likely see AHL time, and possibly Dominic Moore as well while I try to figure out what to do with Malkin, Crosby, Perrault, and Drury all deserving of 2nd or 1st line time.
Wilkes-Barre/Scranton- 6 tryout players with me in camp. Not much else, although I look forward to seeing Dan Carcillo, Erik Christensen and maybe Shane Hnidy with me.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger