1.24.2007

Love the YoungStars

Man oh man, am I glad that Versus exists. I didn't get to watch the entire YoungStars game, but even through just 12 minutes I was pumped up and excited. I saw Phil Kessel's first of three goals and it made me so glad for him to be in that game. Also, I saw a couple of nice plays between Jussi Jokinen and Anze Kopitar. Zach Parise also helped ensure that I saw the East grab a 4-2 lead before my family switched to American Idol.
Afterwards, I watched Andy McDonald (whom I will now call Andy Mac, even though his name is spelled different) win the speed competition over Patrick Marleau by 0.05 seconds, and that also showcased Eric Staal, Alexander Ovechkin, and Teemu Selanne. In the hardest shot competition, I was able to see Sheldon Souray and Mr. 6'9" Zdeno Chara blast 100 mph shots, with Souray shattering something. That showdown hosted surprisingly fast shots from Nicklas Lidstrom and Phillipe Boucher as the defensemen stole the show. I also saw Sidney Crosby not take a single shot in the 3-man pass and shoot competition, but then shoot 2 goals in 3 straight shots in the last shootout round.
Today, my hopes will be ruined by the fact that American Idol (grr) will take up the first hour of my first ever All-Star game to watch on TV. But hey, I'll get to watch some of it. I really wanted to see Ovie and Briere on the same line though, I'll have to see if it happens midway through the game again.
Phil Kessel will get his story here either tomorrow or later today. Please comment lightly if you are reading this but I don't know.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger